WHERE: Trinity United Methodist Church, 4001 Speedway, Austin, TX
WHEN: Saturday, January 14 from 9:00am to 2:00pm
COST: Free!! Brunch included.
HOSTED BY: Southwest Texas Conference RMN & Methodist Federation of Social Action
What will you do at the LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR workshop?
– Learn about 2012 General Conference strategies and messages
– Construct ways to talk about love and inclusiveness in your local church
– Find out about One-to-One organizing method
– Practice Advanced Storytelling skills
– Socialize with other Reconciling United Methodists
– Hear speakers with powerful personal stories to share with you
This workshop has something for all Reconciling United Methodists. Those new to the workshop will learn how to share their stories (if they want to), even if for the first time. Experienced workshop attendees will learn how to “take it on the road” with outreach and witness to General Conference delegates, with follow-up support available after the workshop. If you attend you will be able to MAKE A DIFFERENCE TOWARD FULL INCLUSION IN THE UMC.
QUESTIONS: contact SWTX_ReconcilingMinistriesTeam@gmail.com